1. #1 Alabama Crimson Tide (4-0, 2-0) Last Game vs. #21 Ole Miss Rebels 25-0 Win: To the surprise of none of the sane among us, Alabama put a pretty good whooping on another SEC school. Nobody expected the worst rushing SEC team to run it straight up the Rebels throats. AJ McCarron was pedestrian. TJ Yeldon and Kenyan Drake were superheroes. One Bama puts an entire package together consistently, Saban will be making history. Next Game: on Saturday, October vs. Georgia State Panthers @ 12:21 PM ET.
2. #6 Georgia Bulldogs (3-1, 2-0) Last Game vs. LSU Tigers 44-41 Win : This game went down to the final two (2) minutes and Aaron Murray was clutch. In what pitted arguably the best offense (GA) against the best defense (LSU), Georgia left their D at home. Despite losing RB Todd Gurley to an injury, the running game prospered under Keith Marshall. Murray threw TDs to three (3) different players and even ran one in. This was a huge win for their program and puts them squarely in the SEC East driver seat. Next Game: @ Tennessee Volunteers on Saturday, October 5th @ TBD PM ET
3. #10 LSU Tigers (4-1, 1-1) Last Game vs. Georgia Bulldogs 44-41 Loss: This was a bad loss for arguably the SEC’s best defensive squad. They couldn’t stop anyone in red. Zach Mettenberger threw bombs all night to Odell Beckham, Jr and Jarvis Landry but a couple turnovers really hurt them. They’re BCS bound but the National Championship is out of the picture unless Alabama loses. Next Game: @ Mississippi State University Bulldogs on Saturday, October 5th @ 7:00 PM ET
4. #=9 Texas A&M Aggies (4-1, 1-1) Last Game @ Arkansas Razorbacks 45-33 Win: We are a season removed from Johnny Manziel’s Heisman and he has lost none of that magic. In fact, he’s gained a great passing game. He threw a couple to Mike Evans and let Ben Malena tote the rock all over the Razorbacks. They get next week off and will take advantage of the rest. Probably wouldn’t hurt to get something going on the defensive side of things, either. They’re a pretty rough bunch. Next Game: BYE WEEK
5. #13 South Carolina Gamecocks (3-1, 1-1) Last Game @ University of Central Florida Knights 28-25 Win: Steve Spurrier, Mike Davis. Mike Davis, Steve Spurrier. After losing Connor Shaw in the 1st Q to a shoulder injury, they were down 10-0 at the half. Enter Mike Davis who ran for 167 yards on 26 carries and had 3 TDs. Backup QB, Dylan Thompson ran in the other TD. Spurrier has to get that QB-WR worked out. They’re too one dimensional. Next Game: vs. Kentucky Wildcats on Saturday, October 5th @ 7:30 PM ET
6. #18 Florida Gators (3-1, 2-0) Last Game @ Kentucky Wildcats 24-7 Win: Despite being without their starting QB and DT, the Gators still had Matt Jones who gashed the Wildcats for 176 and a TD. The O-Line created huge holes and their D was solid enough to hold Kentucky to no TDs on offense. However the Gators only scored 3 in the entire 2nd half so they have to work on offensive consistency. Next Game: vs. Arkansas Razorbacks on Saturday, October 5th @ TBD PM ET
7. Missouri Tigers (4-0, 3-0) Last Game vs. Arkansas State Red Wolves 41-19 Win: The Tigers are having a little more success in year two (2) in the SEC. Their offensive is explosive and their defense is decent. QB James Franklin has taken control of the team and his WRs are hauling everything in. Next week should be a pretty easy W for Mizzou. Next Game: @ Vanderbilt Commodores on Saturday, October 5th @ 7:30 PM ET