When you hear about Kentucky recruiting, the noise is typically coming from the basketball world. However, even in this week alone, the overwhelming noise from recruiting has come from the Wildcats football program.
As if the commitment from 5 star wide receiver Jermaine Eskridge was not good enough, now the Cats have peaked interest from the number one overall player in the 2016 class Rashan Gary. Brian Dohn interviewed the top prospect and he had this to say.
Gary is trying to make another visit to Michigan for the Big House Barbeque this weekend, but he is unsure if he will make the trek this time to see former Paramus Catholic coach Chris Partridge again.
Interestingly enough, the Kentucky Wildcats have yet to offer Gary a scholarship. The coaching staff was probably as surprised as the fans by his interest. Nevertheless, his interest in the program shows the train is rolling at Kentucky and it does not seem to be slowing down anytime soon.
If Gary does end up taking an official visit to Kentucky, like any other sport, it will peak the interest of other top players and Lexington could start seeing even more top recruits making a trip. Winning him over Georgia and LSU sure would be a treat. Until then, enjoy this current treat of his highlights.
More from Wildcat Blue Nation
- Kentucky Wildcats fans need this Anthony Davis bobblehead
- Kentucky Basketball: Cats Claw Back, Beat Ole Miss 67-62
- 3 Headed Monster: Backcourt Sparks Kentucky Basketball Win
- Kentucky Basketball: Kill a Streak in 40 Minutes with these 4 Easy Steps
- Bounce Back: Front Court Steps Up in Kentucky Basketball Win Over Mississippi State