Now that game one of Kentucky Wildcats Big Blue Bahamas Tour is in the books, it’s time to dissect and tear apart the game. For your perusal, here is the official boxscore from today’s game and the official game notes from the UKAA., Also we have posted the post game press conferences:
Kentucky Basketball Postgame Notes
Kentucky 74, Puerto Rico National Team Reserves 49
August 10, 2014
Sir Kendal Isaacs Gymnasium
Team Records, Notes
• This is Kentucky’s second international trip under John Calipari. UK previously visited Canada in the summer of 2010.
• UK was 3-0 under Calipari during the 2010 summer exhibition tour.
• The Wildcats return to action on Monday, Aug. 11 at 1 p.m. ET. UK will take on Champagne Chalons-Reims from France in its second game in the six-game week in the Bahamas.
• Kentucky finished the game with 20 assists and 11 steals.
• Ten players logged at least 15 minutes and scored at least two points.
• UK won the battle of the boards with a 38-31 advantage. Kentucky benefited from 28 defensive rebounds.
• Puerto Rico shot just 33 percent from the floor, while UK shot an impressive 48 percent.
First Half Facts
• Kentucky used the starting lineup of Devin Booker, Aaron Harrison, Andrew Harrison, Dakari Johnson and Alex Poythress.
• Poythress won the opening tip.
• Puerto Rico scored the game’s first basket.
• UK’s first subs of the contest were the second unit of Dominique Hawkins, Marcus Lee, Karl-Anthony Towns, Tyler Ulis and Derek Willis.
• UK alternated between the lineups with each unit playing around five minutes of game time before turning to the next squad of five.
• Poythress started strong with three quick offensive rebounds.
• Kentucky utilized a 10-2 run to close the half.
• The Wildcats owned a 38-31 lead at the break.
• Aaron Harrison had eight first half points to lead all scorers. Poythress led the squad with four rebounds.