As you are aware, Kentucky Wildcats Football is back and we are just 25 days away from the start of the Wildcat’s 2014 campaign. To help celebrate this, we have received a few copies of Paul Finebaum’s new book “My Conference Can Beat Your Conference” and we will be awarding them to readers of the Wildcat Blue Nation.
Finebaum has been considered by some the voice of the SEC and he will have a prominent role in the new SEC Network when it debuts. His new book is in bookstores today, but you have a chance to win one for yourself.
To devise the contest, I have called upon the WBN’s own Corey Price to try to stump the WBN’s readers. He has come up with a list of 10 Kentucky Football Trivia Questions and if you can answer them (or more of them than other Wildcat fans), you can win!
So put on your thinking caps. Here they are:
1) Who is the only UK player to be in the top 10 in career passing yards with a career completion percentage below 50%?
2) What UK player has the fewest career receiving touchdowns amongst those in the top 10 in career receptions?
3) What UK quarterback has the most career passing yards without ever having a 300-yard passing game?
4) How many UK graduates have gone on to be the head coach at UK?
5) Three UK players rushed for at least 450 yards last season (JoJo Kemp, Raymond Sanders, Jalen Whitlow). When was the last time that UK had 3 players rush for at least 450 yards in the same season? And who were the 3 players?
6) What two schools has UK defeated the most when they ranked in the AP Poll and how many times?
7) Who scored the first touchdown by a UK player in a bowl game?
8) In 1997 and 1998, only 2 opposing quarterbacks threw for more yards than Tim Couch when they played against each other. Who were they?
9) Who was the first UK player selected in the NFL Draft?
10) What UK player has the most career rushing yards without ever having a 100-yard rushing game?
There you have it. No one said it would be easy.
The contest runs through midnight tonight, so get as many answers as you can and email me at wildcatbluenation AT gmail.com. I have a few copies to give away, so obviously the people who get the most questions right have the best chance of winning. If there are several entries tied for the most right and it is more than the number of copies I have available, the entries will be put into a random drawing.
Winners will be notified by email. And I will have the trivia answers tomorrow morning on the site.