Finally, it is GAMEDAY! To help you prepare, here are some Kentucky Wildcats versus Mississippi State Bulldogs Game Notes courtesy of the UKAA.
• The Wildcats are in their 111th season of basketball and are the national leaders in total wins with 2,121.
• Kentucky is 62-19 all-time in SEC lidlifters including 3-1 under John Calipari. UK owns an 89-20 all-time record over Mississippi State including a 24-2 mark within Rupp Arena.
• Media and coaches predicted Kentucky to win the SEC regular season title at the start of the season.
• Freshman James Young was named the Bluegrass Sports Commission’s Most Valuable Player in the win over Louisville after recording his first career double-double with 18 points and 10 rebounds. He also garnered SEC Freshman of the Week, USBWA National Freshman of the Week, and ESPN’s National Player of the Week accolades.
• Freshman Julius Randle has scored in double-figures in all 13 games this season. He’s the first UK player to log 13 or more consecutive games in double-digits since Brandon Knight turned the trick 28 times from Nov. 30, 2010 through March 13, 2011.
• Randle has nine double-double efforts this season, which is the second most of any player in college basketball this season.
• Sophomore Willie Cauley-Stein has posted 53 blocks on the season, which is just five off the pace of Anthony Davis’ 58 through the same number of games during his record-breaking season in 2012.
• According to KenPom.com the Wildcats rank 351st in the country in total experience which is considered the least experienced squad in the nation. The average experience of 0.23 years is the youngest collection of players in the history of KenPom’s rankings dating back to 2007. The Citadel owns the record of 0.27 years during the 2008 season.