The Kentucky Wildcats welcome the Boise State Broncos to the not-so-friendly confines of Rupp Arena at 9 PM tonight. So buckle up because this won’t be the fluff game I’m guess a lot of fans thought when they saw this on our schedule.
• The Wildcats are in their 111th season of basketball and are the national leaders in total wins with 2,118.
• Kentucky is in the midst of a tough stretch in the month of December. All six opponents in the month have
two or fewer losses and have either been receiving votes or ranked in the top 25 of the Associated Press
• Baylor became the first team this season to out-rebounded UK. Baylor snagged 41 rebounds compared to
just 25 from the Wildcats.
• In the Wildcats’ two losses this season, they have shot less than 60 percent from the free throw line.
• Freshman James Young has hit multiple 3-pointers in five games this season including two-straight.
• Sophomore Willie Cauley-Stein totaled the second-most blocks in a single game in UK program history
with nine swats vs. Providence. He’s notched three or more blocks in four-straight games. He has 34 rejections
on the season.
• The Wildcats connected on 6-of-8 from long range against the Friars for a .750 clip. In the history of the
program, UK had never shot better than .714 from 3-point land a percentage it hit on Dec. 6, 1986.
• According to KenPom.com the Wildcats rank 351st in the country in total experience which is considered
the least experienced squad in the nation. The average experience of 0.23 years is the youngest collection
of players in the history of KenPom’s rankings dating back to 2007. The Citadel owns the record of 0.27
years during the 2008 season.
• Kentucky is off to a 6-0 start within the friendly confines of Rupp Arena.