Everything is bigger in Texas and when you play a game in the Dallas Cowboy’s Stadium, it’s a big game. Here are some news, notes and quotes on tonights game from the UKAA.
• The Wildcats are in their 111th season of basketball and are the national leaders in total wins with 2,118.
• Sophomore Willie Cauley-Stein totaled the second-most blocks in a single game in UK program history with nine swats vs. Providence. He’s notched four or more blocks in three-straight games and seven or more in two-consecutive outings. He has 31 rejections on the season.
• Kentucky shot .643 from the field vs. Providence a mark the program has eclipsed 37 times.
• The Wildcats connected on 6-of-8 from long range against the Friars for a .750 clip. In the history of the program, UK had never shot better than .714 from 3-point land a percentage it hit on Dec. 6, 1986.
• According to KenPom.com the Wildcats rank 351st in the country in total experience which is considered the least experienced squad in the nation. The average experience of 0.23 years is the youngest collection of players in the history of KenPom’s rankings dating back to 2007. The Citadel owns the record of 0.27 years during the 2008 season.
• The Wildcats embark on a tough stretch in the month of December. All six opponents in the month have two or fewer losses and have either been receiving votes or ranked in the top 25 of the Associated Press poll.
• In UK’s five-game winning streak, Aaron Harrison leads the Wildcats with 16.2 points per game as five players are averaging double-figure scoring. Freshman Julius Randle leads the rebounding effort at 11.6 per game.
• Aaron Harrison became the third different Wildcat to win an SEC weekly honor with Freshman of the Week accolades on Monday. Young and Randle are UK’s other award winners.