Transylvania at Kentucky — UK Post-Game Notes
Rupp Arena, Lexington, Ky., November 1, 2013
FINAL SCORE: Kentucky 76, Transylvania 42
Team Records, Notes
• This was the exhibition opener for both teams.
• This was the third-consecutive season that UK and Transylvania played an exhibition game.
• Kentucky returns to the court Monday, Nov. 4, as the Wildcats play host to Montevallo. The exhibition
game is at 7:00 p.m. EST and will be televised live by Fox Sports South and delayed on the UK IMG
• The regular season tips off Fri. Nov. 8 as UK hosts UNC Asheville at 7 p.m.
• Kentucky started with the lineup of Aaron Harrison, James Young, Alex Poythress, Julius Randle and Willie
• The Wildcats made 3-pointers on their first three possessions and six of their first eight from long range.
• Transylvania never led but kept the deficit in single digits until late in the half.
• UK’s largest lead was 12 points at 39-27 and the Wildcats went to intermission ahead 41-30.
• Randle narrowly missed a double-double in the first half, collecting 12 points and nine rebounds.
• Kentucky scored the first 13 points of the half, sparking the score to 54-30. Transylvania got its first basket
at the 14:24 mark.
• The Wildcats brought the fans to their feet at the 5:07 mark when Dominique Hawkins lobbed to Jon Hood
for an alley-oop dunk.
• UK outscored the visitors 35-12 in the second half for a final score of 76-42.
• Kentucky shot 50 percent from the field, 29 of 58.
• The Wildcats used their size advantage to dominate the rebounding, 44-29, and points in the paint, 38-6.
• In official games in the first four seasons under Coach John Calipari, UK is 74-3 when limiting the opponent
to 63 or fewer points.
• Julius Randle notched a double-double with 16 points and 12 rebounds.
• James Young tallied nine points, five rebounds and a game-high five assists.
• Dakari Johnson scored nine points and added eight rebounds.
• Willie Cauley-Stein gathered seven points, seven rebounds and a game-high four steals.