Kentucky’s Men’s Basketball Postgame Notes
Rupp Arena, Lexington, Ky., October 29, 2013
FINAL SCORE: Blue 99, White 71
• This was the sixth year that the Blue/White Scrimmage has been played in Rupp Arena.
• This was the 12th
White coming in 2000-01 (scrimmage not held in 2007-08).
• The Wildcats made 53.6 percent from three-point range, 15 of 28.
• The team showed plenty of hops tonight with 19 total dunks.
• Two students who came to tonight’s game will be awarded tuition scholarships for the spring
semester. The winners are Joshua Lawson, a senior mechanical engineering major from Boyle
County, and Amanda Dowell, a freshman biology major from Stanford, Ky.
• Kentucky returns to the court Friday, Nov. 1, as the Wildcats play host to Transylvania. The
exhibition game is at 7:00 p.m. EDT and will be televised live by Fox Sports South and delayed
on the UK IMG Network.
• The regular season tips off Fri. Nov. 8 as UK hosts UNC Asheville at 7 p.m.
• The Blue team started four freshmen, Andrew Harrison, Aaron Harrison, James Young and
Julius Randle, along with sophomore Willie Cauley-Stein.
• The White team opened with seniors Jarrod Polson and Jon Hood, sophomore Alex Poythress,
and freshmen Derek Willis and Marcus Lee.
• Ahead 6-4, Blue went on a 10-0 run for a 16-4 lead.
• Blue extended its advantage for the remainder of the first half and went into intermission with its
biggest lead of 50-29.
• Blue started with Aaron Harrison, Young, Poythress, Randle and Cauley-Stein.
• White started Dominique Hawkins, Polson, Hood, Willis and Dakari Johnson.
• Blue stretched its lead to as many as 37 points and coasted to a 99-71 win.
• James Young (Blue) led all scorers with 25 points. He also had a game-high seven steals.
• Julius Randle (Blue) tallied 21 points.
• Derek Willis (White) canned 21 points, including 5 of 6 on three-pointers, and also gathered
• Aaron Harrison (Blue) scored 19 points, including 3 of 4 on three-pointers.
• Playing for both teams, Dakari Johnson had a double-double, totaling 16 points and a game-high
-consecutive time that the Blue team has won the game, with the last loss to