It’s been a while, but now it’s time for another edition of the WBN mid-week recruiting update. It’s the middle of the Summer and SEC Media Days are in full swing, but there is still plenty Wildcat football recruiting to talk. The coaches have another Friday Night Lights camp scheduled for this weekend, after the last one that produced several high-profile commitments. Most of Kentucky’s known remaining targets are expected to attend.
- It keeps being said that Kentucky is expecting at least one commitment this weekend during camp and the smart money is on 4* OL Nick Richardson.Richardson has been high on the Cats for a while and is supposed to be down to them and Vanderbilt. The Dores have several OL on board as is and that may be the little push that he needs to join Big Blue.
- Another name to watch is Louisville DE Lloyd Tubman, who is committed to Vandy. Tubman originally told everyone how solid he was but now says that he will listen to what Stoops and Co. have to say.
- ESPN just released their top 300 list for the 2015 class and a lot of familiar names are on it. Known UK targets include RB Damien Harris (#20), ATH Eric Glover-Williams (#29), DE CeCe Jefferson (#48), LB Ricky Deberry (#139), QB Jarrett Stidham (#155), RB Darrin Hall (#191), QB Lorenzo Nunez (#199), OL George Brown (#208), and LB Eli Brown (#235). Keep in mind that these are only the guys that UK has recruited so far for 2015 and have told someone about it.
- Kentucky is going to be very picky about how they finish WR recruiting this year. They have a top-tier of guys that they are going to wait for before moving down to the tier 2 guys, some of which may be ready to commit now if they could. They need a big receiver like Blake Bone or Moral Stephens at some point because they have mostly signed slot or combo guys. The coaches are also still looking at adding a JUCO to the mix.
- Kentucky’s perceived top two QB prospects for 2015 will camp together. Jarrett Stidham and Elijah Sindelar will be in town to throw for the coaches and meet other recruits. It can’t hurt to have bi-time 2015 prospects like Damien Harris, George Brown and Alex Ofodile in attendance.
- Kentucky had a surprise visit recently from Josh Malone, whom Rivals ranks as the #3 wide receiver in the nation. The visit reportedly went well but nothing too exciting in the works at this point.
- Kentucky must want an OL who can step right in next season. The staff has made a point of offering several junior college linemen for next year and they want them to be December graduates.