In the past, basketball recruiting has dominated football recruiting talk this time of year. However, it is more than apparent that Mark Stoops is going to keep football recruiting in the discussion 12 months a year as well. The recent Mikel Horton and Braylon Heard commitments have solidified that talk. Meanwhile, Kentucky’s basketball class is signed, sealed, and delivered, minus Andrew Wiggins. So of course it’s time for a podcast. Darren Durham hosted the latest edition and was joined by football editor Kyle, James Streble, and Jason Marcum for an all Kentucky sports podcast. Sadly, either I am getting an ulcer or have a myriad of other health problems and I could not make it.
Here is a hint. Never go on Web MD when you are not feeling well. It will scare the hell out of you.
Regardless, the crew trudged on without me and here are some of the topics discussed:
- Mikel Horton
- and his effect on recruiting
- Best UK backfield ever in 2014?
- Matt Elam
- how Drew Barker is keeping the USPS in business by himself
- Darryl Long
- what other recruits can commit soon
- Any football attrition
- Oh that Joker and his silly twitter antics
- UK’s 2013-14 basketball class
- Andrew Wiggins, of course
- other basketball tidbits