Still trying to process the loss? Me too. I listened to John Calipari’s post game press conference and the head coach and he had some positivity to share. Here are the highlights:
– He is going to be brutality honest with these players and their NBA futures.
– He is jacked about the incoming freshmen and what he should have returning.
– He tried everything to connect with these players but two of them he could not connect with and they almost hijacked the program.
– Never again will he have so few players on the team.
– Next season there may be 15 guys on the team, enough for three teams.
– Guys are going to have to fight for playing time next season with all of the talent on the floor.
– He promised they will be tougher next season. He cannot sit through another year like the one they just had. He had to do it because he had so few players.
And to add to all of that, Archie Goodwin, Alex Poythress, Willie Cauley-Stein and Ryan Harrow all stated in person and on twitter that they will be returning next season. None of them feel they are ready for the next level or to even test the waters.
Add that to Andrew Harrison, Aaron Harrison, James Young, Dakari Johnson, Marcus Lee and possibly the announcement from Julius Randle tomorrow to solidify the best recruiting class in history, and the Kentucky Wildcats will be a force to be reckoned with next season.
As always, Go Cats.