We all know the devastation of Nerlens Noel’s injury to the Kentucky Wildcats basketball team, but we are all a little biased about the Cats as well. I know that most Kentucky fans are a dark blue shad of blue and are still in mourning after this game, but is the season really lost? We talked to basketball guru Mike DeCourcy from The Sporting News on our latest podcast and he gave us the national perspective and will hopefully put some big blue minds at rest. I’ve always been a fan of Mike and feel he is one of the best writers that cover the college game without bias or prejudice and I’m thrilled we got him for our podcast. James Streble was also able to join me and here is what we discussed with Mike:
- How will this affect Kentucky’s NCAA chances?
- Where did you have Kentucky before and after the Noel injury?
- Is it realistic that NBA teams will take a flyer on Noel with a high draft pick after an ACL injury?
- Does an injury like this bring impact the “one and done” discussion?
- Can the Wildcats regroup with the loss of Noel?
After Mike left, James and I continued the conversation and we discussed the upcoming Tennessee game and thoughts on the rest of the season.
As always, you can go here to access the podcasts in iTunes and you can subscribe and even download them to your phone for easy on the go podcast. Or you can listen below. Either way, make sure you give us a good rating and tell your friends to check us out.