My apologies for not having a Monday podcast for you this week. It is truly my intention to have two podcasts a week for Monday and Friday mornings but after the Kentucky loss to Arkansas, I was so disheartened that I could not bring myself to talk Kentucky football on Sunday. And to be honest, I don’t know how productive that podcast would have been. But we regrouped and instead of complaining about the problem, tried to look at some serious issues and see if we could provide some real dialogue about Kentucky Football. So today, we have the HOW TO FIX KENTUCKY FOOTBALL podcast.
Football Editor Kyle and football writer Darren Durham joined James Streble and Jason Marcum on what we hope is a realistic conversation about the state of Kentucky football. Among the topics discussed:
- Brief recap of the Arkansas game
- Overview of the football team and the season thus far
- Is Mitch Barnhart doing all he can to NOT fire Joker Phillips?
- Is there a coach out there that can fix Kentucky football and who is it?
- The reasons why Kentucky is not as bad of a job as some might think
- A mercifully brief look at UGA
- The failings of the president and the administration to make football a priority
- Will Kentucky football ever be legitimate?
As always, you can go to I-tunes and subscribe to the podcast or you can listen below. Also, if you have an iPhone and have iO6 installed, there is a nifty podcast feature where you can subscribe and download the podcast to your phone. You actually get the podcast earlier than we actually put it on the site! And if you go to iTunes, give us a good rating.