Oh so close and yet so far. That pretty much describes the sentiment of Kentucky’s 38-17 loss to South Carolina on Saturday. The first half, that Kentucky won 17-7 showed a ton of potential with the young Wildcats but then the 31-0 second half shellacking was a worst case scenario. That said, it needed to be discussed in a podcast. So football writer Darren Durham and I got together for a podcast and we dissected the South Carolina game and the state of Kentucky Wildcat football. Among the topics discussed:
- Max Smith injury
- Jalen Whitlow’s performance
- How can the prospect of extended absence of Max Smith affect Patrick Towles redshirt?
- When exactly did the South Carolina game get away from UK?
- The failure of UK Football to deliver a complete game
- Mississippi State on upset alert?
- possible QB controversy/competition?
- Kentucky in 4th place in SEC East
- and more!!!
And As always, you can go to I-tunes and subscribe to the podcast or you can listen below. Also, if you have an iPhone and have iO6 installed, there is a nifty podcast feature where you can subscribe and download the podcast to your phone. You actually get the podcast earlier than we actually put it on the site! And if you go to iTunes, give us a good rating.