1. #1 Alabama Crimson Tide (5-0, 2-0)Prior Rank #1- Let’s face it, the only team that will beat Alabama is…Alabama. They are incredibly well coached and fundamentally sound in all areas of the game. A.J. McCarron is as cool as the other side of the pillow and that D rivals some NFL defenses. The 3 INT’s by Bama’s defense took the life right out of Ole Miss. And with Eddie Lacy toting the rock, Saban can control tempo and time of possession. Cooper was their best player, catching 8-85 and 2 TD’s. Next Game vs. Missouri: Saturday, October 13th @ TBA
2. #5 Georgia Bulldogs (5-0, 2-0) Prior Rank #2- Todd Gurley is a man among boys in this Georgia rushing attack after going 24-130, 3 TD’s but he wasn’t better than his back up, Keith Marshall who went 10-164, 2TD (72 and 75 yards). With their defense at full strength for the first time all season, Georgia needed every single score because they couldn’t stop Tennessee from doing anything. They have to work on the turnovers as Tennessee forced three turnovers (2 fumbles lost and a Pick Six). Murray didn’t do anything special but was able to hold his team together. Rambo and Ogeltree need to step it up if they have a shot against Lattimore and Shaw next week. Next Game at South Carolina: Saturday, October 6th @ 7:00 PM
3. #6 South Carolina Gamecocks (5-0, 2-0) Prior Rank #3- South Carolina sure likes to make games interesting it appears. They came out expecting to white wash the Wildcats so their first half play was lax…very lax. But that’s why they play two halves and when you have Lattimore in your back pocket, you’re never out of the game. And he found his Heisman Gear in the second half. The D-Line and LB’s set up shop in the UK backfield in the second half on their way to a second half shut out. Once those boys realize that every game is important, they will challenge Georgia for East supremacy. We’ll find out soon enough how that ends. Next Game vs. Georgia: Saturday, October 6th @ 3:30 PM.
4. #4 LSU Tigers (5-0, 1-0) Prior Rank #4-You ever had an Ex that was as unpredictable as a Mike Tyson quote? Meet the SEC’s version: LSU. Most people expected lowly Towson to get flattened by the Beast of the West but yet again LSU didn’t seem interested. Remove Odell Beckham Jr. (5-128, 2TD’s) and we have the biggest upset of the past decade. Seriously, “experts” have these guys penciled in the National Title game! Mettenberger better get his stuff together and figure out how to manage the game and impact the game because eventually someone will contain the stable of RB’s Les Miles has. Shepard, Ford, Spencer and Hilliard are no joke but they’re not bigger than the team. If LSU doesn’t play more together, the Hat won’t be coaching in a National Title game. Next Game at Florida: Saturday, October 6th @ 3:30 PM
5. #10 Florida Gators (4-0, 3-0) Prior Rank #5- BYE Next Game vs. LSU: Saturday, October 6th @ 3:30 PM
6. #20 Mississippi State Bulldogs (4-0, 1-0) Prior Rank #6- BYE Next Game at Kentucky: Saturday, October 6th @ 12:21 PM
7. Texas A&M (3-1, 1-1) Prior Rank #7- Johnny Manziel was a legit, one man wrecking ball against the imploding Razorbacks today, accounting for 557 yds of total offense (453 yds, 3TD’s passing and 104yds, TD rushing). Those numbers are more than enough to hold up against any team not named WVU or Baylor. Swope and Thomas Johnson burned the Razorbacks with big plays down the field and when your Defense forces 5 fumbles (1 recovered), and picks Tyler Wilson twice, a W is nearly guaranteed. Next Game at Missouri: Saturday, October 6th @ 7:00 PM