Randy Sanders said today that QBs Max Smith and Morgan Newton will split 65% of practice reps, and that Patrick Towles and Jalen Whitlow will split the other 35% to start camp.
Joker Phillips talked one on one with Maria Montgomery about Twitter ban during preseason camp.
Former Auburn QB Zeke Pike has transferred to Louisville to play TE. Towles and Pike were two of the highest rated QB prospects in the nation last year at one point, but a disastrous senior season and several off-the-field incidents have led Auburn to dismiss Pike and the Cardinals to welcome him with open arms. Typical. I wonder if Clint Hurtt recruited him there?
Anyway, Max Smith has made his primary goal for this year clear: “My expectation is to start. Nothing else. I don’t want to sit on the bench.”
Joker Phillips believes sophomore DE/OLB Bud Dupree is as physically gifted as any player he has been around.
Don’t forget: UK Football Fan Day is tomorrow at Commonwealth Stadium. Gates open at 5 pm, so come meet your 2012 Kentucky Wildcats! And don’t forget to check out our Media Day recap from earlier.