The University of Kentucky honored their teams last night with their annual awards show, otherwise kinown as the CATSPY Awards and as expected, both men and womens basketball took center stage. John Calipari kicked off the festivities talking about the “championship culture” at UK and members of both basketball teams spent the night wearing out the blue carpet accepting awards. Here is a list of the honors awarded to the basketball teams:
- Teams of the Year: Men’s Basketball/Women’s Basketball
- One Shining Moment: Men’s Basketball
- Coaches of the Year: John Calipari/Matthew Mitchell
- Male Character Award: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
- Male Rookie of the Year: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
- K-Association Male Athlete of the Year: Anthony Davis
- K-Association Female Athlete of the Year: A’dia Mathies
- Supporting Role: Darius Miller/Keyla Snowden
For a list of all winners, go here.
Look for Kentucky baseball to make more of an impact at next years CATSPY as their historic season continues. Kentucky just wrapped up their first ever series win over a number one ranked team with LSU over the weekend and now travel to Lousiville tonight to settle the score with the Louisville Cardinals. Kentucky regained their #1 ranking and has moved up to @2 in Baseball America bu the Cardinals did beat Kentucky 12-0 a couple of weeks ago. Kentucky has the #4 RPI in the country and is 10-5 against Top 25 teams. The Cardinals are ranked #20. It’s time for revenge.
Speaking of rolling over the Cardinals, remember when Terrence Jones collided with the Louisville cheerleader and then promised to buy her flowers? Well Terrence Jones lived up to his promise and delivered the bouquet to the cheerleader. And check out that look the cheerleader is giving TJ. I’m guessing she went home and tore her Kyle Kuric poster off her wall.